Charu | June 2, 2017
Newly engaged? The First five things to do!
Congratulations! Now that the question has been popped, what can you do to get started with your wedding planning? Here are five tips for newly engaged couples.
- Start making a wedding budget. Figure out what kind of a wedding you want, what are the various costs that you need to consider, talk to some of the vendors and find out how much they charge. Then look into your finances and figure out how much you can spend, talk to your family and see if they are willing to contribute to the wedding too. A wedding budget worksheet will help you get started.
- Set a wedding date. Even if you are not sure of the exact date, setting a date for now helps you look for venues and other vendors to find out their availability.
- Figure out what kind of wedding you want to have. Look at wedding inspirations and themes on Pinterest and Instagram to get some ideas. Also look online for wedding ideas. The kind of wedding you want will determine your budget and vendors you need to book.
- Book some of the main vendors who are hard to get. See their availability and that will help you set your actual wedding date.
- Start building your guest list. Determine how many guests you can invite based on your budget and narrow down the list to fit in as many of your close friends and family. You can also look into registry ideas for your wedding.